Full Job Description
POSITION: CHILD CARE DIRECTOR
Accomplished through providing Structure, Opportunities, Acceptance while fostering Resilience
Our Mission is to provide a structured environment to support the unique and diverse needs of children and their families where children can be engaged, lives can be enriched and their potential maximized within the kingdom of God and the community.
SOAR is a brand new child care center with a pending opening date of Sept 2021. We are in need of a dynamic knowledgeable and Creative director who embodies strong vision, and follow through. Candidates applying should have experience in budgeting, marketing and have a superior track record of recruitment and enrollment of students. If you have a passion for children and a strong belief in the power of inclusion the Director role could be for you! Site Directors love with a passion to serve others. They believe in educational excellence, and working together to empower confident youth and staff. As a Site Director, you will use your curriculum as a framework to build unique and engaging classroom experiences. Site Directors are out of the box thinkers and share the same zeal for creativity as the team. We are looking for Directors who are patient and empathetic and who are committed to establishing meaningful relationships with children, families, and their team. Our Director will possess core competencies in the diverse needs of children with intellectual, social, emotional and developmental disabilities. Successful Site Directors are fully engaged, enthusiastic about their work, and eager to share their knowledge with others.
SOAR is located at Bethany Baptist Church in Lindenwold New Jersey. Candidates with a strong spiritual and biblical/theological framework, and a knowledge of church culture are strongly encouraged to apply.
When you join our team as a Site Director you will:
- Lead and supervise a team of teachers, interns and volunteers to create unique and engaging classroom experiences while encouraging the team to be autonomous budding professionals with a long-term career with SLC
- Promote positive relationships with families, teachers, school and district leaders, state licensing authorities, community contacts and corporate partners.
- Ensure SLC is operating effectively; maintain licensing, safety, and educational standards abiding by NJAEYC guidelines and expectations as well as coordinate accreditation needs.
- Collaborate with parents to provide the best care and education for their children ensuring all children regardless of need have equal opportunities to participate regardless of disability.
- Lead enrollment and marketing efforts of new families and children and recruit professionals with stellar Qualifications and Experience:
- At least two years of teaching experience that includes working with children with special needs.
- Exude Ambition with a strong work ethic and assertiveness.
- Possess ability to build relationships with families and staff and create a dynamic environment for all.
- Provide outstanding customer service skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively
- Must meet state specific guidelines for the role.
- Must be physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors. Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
- Work closely with our sponsor representative, cooperate board, and church administrators.
- Ability to speak, read, and writes English.
One year of teaching experience in a group program for children under six years of age, which may include supervised practice teaching and/or student teaching; and ii. One of the options set forth below for educational credentials:
- Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development
- Six college credits in Early Childhood Education or Child Development 28 AND Nine college credits in Education, Psychology, Health Care, Nursing, or any other field related to child growth or development
- Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential
- Certified Child Care Professional (CCP) Certificate
- Group Teacher endorsement from the New Jersey Registry for Childhood Professionals, Professional Impact New Jersey
- New Jersey Infant/Toddler Credential administered through Professional Impact New Jersey
SLC provides a competitive compensation package. Benefits include: * Medical, dental and vision * Discounted child care * Paid time off
Primary Location: Bethany Baptist Church, Lindenwold New Jersey
Child Care Center opening Date – September, 2021
Position Anticipated start date – June 2021
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Signing bonus
- Associate (Preferred)
- Teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
- Childcare: 2 years (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Child Development Associate Certification (Preferred)
- One location