If you have a passion for children and a strong belief in the power of inclusion the Assistant Site Director role could be for you! Site Directors love with a passion to serve others. They believe in educational excellence, and working together to empower confident youth and staff. As an Assistant Site Director, you will use inclusive curriculum methods as a framework to build unique and engaging classroom experiences. Site Directors are out of the box thinkers and share the same zeal for creativity as the team.
We are looking for Directors who are patient and empathetic and who are committed to establishing meaningful relationships with children, families, and their team. Our Assistant Director will possess core competencies in the diverse needs of children with intellectual, social, emotional and developmental disabilities. Successful Site Directors are fully engaged, enthusiastic about their work, and eager to share their knowledge with others.
As Assistant Site Director you will work closely with our Head Director to:
• Lead and supervise a team of teachers, interns, and volunteers to create unique and engaging classroom experiences while encouraging the team to be autonomous budding professionals with a long-term career with SLC
• Promote positive relationships with families, teachers, school and district leaders, state licensing authorities, community contacts, and corporate partners
• Ensure SLC is operating effectively; maintain licensing, safety, and educational standards abiding by NJAEYC guidelines and expectations.
• Collaborate with parents to provide the best care and education for their children ensuring all children regardless of need have equal opportunities to participate regardless of disability.
• Lead enrollment efforts of new families and children and recruit professionals with stellar Qualifications and Experience:
• At least two years of teaching experience that includes working with children with special needs.
• Exude Ambition with a strong work ethic and assertiveness.
• Posses the ability to build relationships with families and staff and create a dynamic environment for all.
• Provide outstanding customer service skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively
• Must meet state specific guidelines for the role
• Must be physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors. Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children to see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
• Ability to speak, read, and writes English.
- Assist the director with planning, managing, marketing, and directing our childcare program.
- Teach and monitor children when needed.
- Maintain center paperwork, keeping files on each child and proof of meeting New Jersey Department of Children and Family requirements for licensed child care facilities
- Supervise and evaluate teachers, provide mentoring and training to help teachers improve their skills.
- Work with the director and teachers to establish, evaluate, and revise the curriculum.
- Ensure the center is running smoothly and kept clean (some set up and break down will be required for this position)
- Accounting and budgeting knowledge is required for this position
- Other duties as assigned
One year of teaching experience in a group program for children under six years of age, which may include supervised practice teaching and/or student teaching; and ii. One of the options set forth below for educational credentials:
- Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development
- Six college credits in Early Childhood Education or Child Development 28 AND Nine college credits in Education, Psychology, Health Care, Nursing, or any other field related to child growth or development
- Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential
- Certified Child Care Professional (CCP) Certificate
- Group Teacher endorsement from the New Jersey Registry for Childhood Professionals, Professional Impact New Jersey
- New Jersey Infant/Toddler Credential administered through Professional Impact New Jersey
SLC provides a competitive compensation package. Benefits include: • Medical, dental and vision • Discounted child care • Paid time off
Primary Location: Bethany Baptist Church, Lindenwold New Jersey
POSITION ANTICIPATED START DATE – January 2nd 2020.